- About restoration, what should I be able to tell before asking questions about art I have.
- We need to know the size, medium, (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, etc.), who it is by or a photo of the signature or a date if it has one, type of framing, whether it has mat(s), glass, etc. and roughly how old if not dated, condition, and how you came to have it and how long you have had it. Where has it been kept, and what sort of damage if any. If you do not know the medium of an item we can test it to determine what it is. If you have a sculpture that you think might be of a precious metal, we can have that tested as well. There is an extra charge for this, and it should be small enough to be hand held, as we must transport it with you in attendance to the metal testing location which is close to the gallery.
- Concerning framing, what will be its location, and will that be casual, formal etc. Your decor; antique, modern, country, formal etc. How large is the piece, and what sort of surroundings will it be shown with.
- Know your level of formality in the room where you want to place the framed artwork.
- Is there a charge for a consultation concerning valuation, restoration, framing, etc.
- Yes, if it takes more than 5 minutes. If you need us to spend time with you we charge $100. for the first piece, and $50 for each additional piece. If you then go ahead with restoration, we do not charge at all for the time spent on the consultation. If restoration or framing work is contracted for and completed, we let you know and give thirty days for you to pick up and pay any balance. If not paid or picked up after thirty days, we charge $5 per day per piece for our safe, secure and proper storage.
If we rent the gallery do you have caterers you recommend?
Yes, we have several local restaurants/caterers we can tell you about, and we can also let you know about DJs, musicians, and other entertainers. You may also bring your own or hire your choice. These are just local suggestions. Call and we'll tell you about them. We like and use GG's for all our openings here. She is food only. Alcohol is available nearby and/or with several caterers.
Australian Bakery www.australianbakerycafe.com
GG's Fine Food http://www.ggsfinefood.com/
House of Lu http://www.houseoflu.com/